After Meeting Ride, 10 April 2010.
We went back to the Old Mill restaurant near Talladega for lunch. The Mill was known as Riddle's Mill during it's operational days. Also on the grounds is the Waldo Covered Bridge which was completed in 1858. The bridge, also known as the Riddle Mill Covered Bridge, was built on an old Socopatoy Indian trail behind Riddle's Mill, a grist mill which was later converted into the Waldo Town Hall and then a restaurant. Nearby is the Riddle's Hole gold mine, which operated from 1840 through World War II. The bridge was used as an access route in April 1865 by Wilson's Raiders during the American Civil War, a cavalry group led by Union Army General James H. Wilson.
Pictures by Frank B. and Dave P.